Fused Glass Classes & More
Enthusiastic glass sculptors guide students of all ages & skill levels through workshops dedicated to crafting personal jewelry pieces and much more.
Glass provides a resting place for wine, eveningwear for Cinderellas, and a more dramatic exit from 44th-floor windows for Bruce Willises. Shatter artistic inhibitions with classes at our unique studio and gallery. You get a glass-fusion making workshop at Zyndorf Glass & Arts in Sylvania, Ohio, that will be a jumpstart for your creative juices.
Zyndorf Glass & Arts kindles creative mastery in students of all ages and abilities during workshops, classes, programs, and social events centered on the art of silica sculpting and more. During each 2.5-hour session, students delve into methods and techniques, such as cold forming, used in crafting handmade jewelry pieces and more. Advice from the studio’s resident muses and all necessary materials—including tools, equipment, and wand-wielding fairies—are available to students as they construct their own décolletage adornments or larger formations. After crafting an original glass creation, artists will send the pieces off to be fired in a secured kiln, which melts the glass into a strong and glossy work of art. After the glass cools, amateur artists can return to the studio to pick up their masterpieces and walk, skip, or electric slide through the boutique brimming with clothing items and original artwork.
Please explore the many varied choices in glass fusing classes available.
Do not hesitate to request a class if it is not listed.
Fused Glass Art Classes
Our goal is for you to enjoy learning new skills and building on previous ones. Most of all to have fun in the process! Adults and youth ages 5 & up.
Note: All glass, equipment, accessories and, kiln firing are included unless otherwise indicated.
*Glass fusing is working with cold glass and no one works with heat. Closed toed shoes required. All classes 2-1/2 hours unless indicated otherwise.
• Pendant Making Classes: Pendant classes are very popular. There are a lot of techniques in creating an individual design. Each class is sequenced so that you can build upon the previous class and be able to incorporate new skills while understanding the prior ones.
1) Pendant making: Make pendants, learn techniques in glass fusing and use a wide variety of glass embellishments. 2 pendants $50.00 , additional pendants $10.00 each
2) Dichroic Pendant Making: Putting on the glitz with this durable shiny glass product. Dichroic glass transmits color and also reflects to a completely different color. Learn various procedures in creating pendants that give the WOW factor. 2 for $65.00
4) Painted pendants: Using various products and methods in fashioning a picture, contemporary design and other methods for that unique look. 5 for $75.00
• Slumping and fusing: Produce a functional piece of glass, attractive when set out on display. You will learn the skill of designing your shape, creating your glass art, making it kiln ready, (the instructor will handle the firing), then forming the creation again into your desired shape using the kiln (called slumping). There are many different styles and shapes to choose from. All our fusing class students work with cold glass, not any heat .Create a bowl, plate or other formation... Pricing starts at a low $35.00! This includes all materials and the 2 kiln firings.Lots to learn and great fun!
• Plaques, table or easel art: Make your art glass, learning various techniques for effect and display. Starting at $50.00
Prices may vary based on size. All glass and firing is included.
• Ornaments- Icicles, snowmen, and more, may hang from a tree or inside the window and catch the light. Many other designs to choose from…Creations will vary to the season and holidays that are approaching. Up to 8 ornaments for a low cost of $85.00
• Fused Glass Tile Ornaments: Make a holiday design or your tile. Shapes may vary depending on preference. Use these as a coaster or a home decoration for the wall or easel. Creations will vary to the season and holidays that are approaching. $55.00
• Wine Glass Charms and Cork Toppers: Popular
What a hit! Make 4 uniquely designed charms for wine glasses and create your cork topper to go with your event. This is a fun 2 part class. You may bring your own adult beverage. $60.00
Melted Wine Bottles:
Great for the holidays or anytime melt a wine bottle and decorate it. $50.00
Wine Glass Etching:
Design your own etched glasses. You can bring your own or 2 will be provided for you. $50.00
• Wine Stoppers & more: (1) Learn to make a glass designed wine stopper this may be used for any narrow necked bottle. (2) Make a fused glass decoration for the corked bottle. Stake it on top and wait for the compliments. Great gifts! $50.00
• Sun catchers: Choose a design and develop your own sun catcher for inside the window, or anywhere else in your home. Let the light do its job! $55.00
• Designing a glass container: Using a pre-existing glass container create designs in glass to embellish the side/s. Make a lid to top it off! $40.00 for a one sided design / $10 per side if added to the container/ add a lid for an additional $25.00. Glass container is included in initial price.
• Picture frames: Create a frame with your hand made art glass designs and embellishments. Bring out the picture inside! $50.00
Stained Glass Classes
It's that time of year for PARTIES!
JOIN OUR 8 CLASS SESSION IN FUSED GLASS